- Smoked Bamboo Hanger
- Bent bamboo for displaying favourite textiles. 3 sizes, measured according to inside width.
- Small – 30cm / 12 inches
- Medium – 40cm / 15.75 inches
- Large – 50cm / 19.75 inches
- An elegant way to display wall hangings. Or change your decor easily with swatches of fabric draped on this bamboo textile hanger. Wicker loop at one end slides off for easy opening and closing. Woven wicker connectors at ends and loop in center.
- Bought personally from a Fair Trade Umbrella Organisation in Vietnam whom we have a long term partnership with.
- Smoking the bamboo is an ancient art of the villages of North Vietnam.After harvesting bamboo it is immersed in lakes for several months and then after this the bamboo is scraped by hand until smooth. It is then smoked in a traditional clay oven and baked. This process is repeated up to 4 times until the bamboo becomes flexible enough to be bent into various shapes such as this hanger. The final part of the process is to rub with oil to make it shine and protect the wood.
- Every part of the bamboo plant is used by the Vietnamese – see our amazing bamboo root carvings!
Please follow and like us: