- These are hand sourced from the Hmong Tribe who occupy remote areas of northern Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and China.
- 29.5cm long, 16cm wide (50cm circumference). Each pair is unique, and will have a different design and embroidery from the others. Please consider this when choosing to buy these. Please note there may be small imperfections due to the hand made nature of the garment, but they are entirely authentic pieces worn by the ethnic group.
- These are part of the traditional costume worn by tribes-people in that area and were hand made by an elder woman for us. We purchased a very small number of these which were made over the course of a few evenings by hand in the traditional style and a fair trade price was paid for the work.
- We believe by purchasing a small number of their crafts we help to sustain the traditional culture and skills passed down through generations within the local people and it gives an additional source of income to help their community.
- We partake in completely independent travel to source our products, we avoid tourist areas and tour-groups which often exploit the local people and where possible we buy directly from the makers ensuring a fair price is paid for the work. We will continue to return to the area occasionally to purchase small amounts of their crafts and clothing.
Please follow and like us: